Liquor Store POS Software Buying Guide
Learn How to Choose the Right POS Software for Your Liquor or Wine Store
When choosing POS software for your liquor or wine store, it's very important to find something that has been customized for your industry.
Sure there are lots of "generic" POS systems out there, but you want something that meets the following criteria:
Criteria #1 - The software should be used by lots of other liquor stores. This gives you leverage for future enhancements and requests. If you're business is the minority, the developer won't listen to your industry specific requests. Power comes in numbers.
Criteria #2 - The software should be customized to handle the liquor store industry. You'll want industry specific features because they will save you time and money. For example, age verification at the POS (for alcohol and tobacco sales) is a useful feature. Not to mention you'll also need inventory features to handle your unique purchasing needs.
Criteria #3 - The software should be supported by a world class company. (This is one of the biggest and most common mistakes that I see retailers make.) You'll want software that's backed by a quality company that can provide you with good training, fast support, custom enhancements, and all around service. I can't tell you how important this is. Be sure to carefully consider the company that will be providing you with service and support.
Criteria #4 - The software should be proven and reliable. This might sound obvious but it's common for retailers to choose new and untested software. The last thing you want is to purchase software with glitches, errors, and problems. You'll waste way too much time, and even worse, you'll frustrate your customers at the point of sale. Select software that has been proven with a solid customer base and has referrals that can vouch for the reliability.
Criteria #5 - The software should provide you with the features that give you the highest return on investment. You should make a list of the key features that will save you the most time and make you the most money. That's what this is all about. This list will help you logically narrow down your software choices and hone things down to the POS systems that will give you the highest return on investment.
The POS Software Buyers Guide for Liquor and Wine Stores
To help you quickly narrow down your choices, we have a buyers guide that accommodates liquor and wine stores. Here's what it will do for you:
If you'd like to learn more about our buyers guide, click here.
- The buyers guide includes a list of 117 POS systems designed to handle liquor and wine stores. Don't worry! You can easily sort through this list by selecting features that are important to you. You can see how it works here (be sure to select "liquor stores" for question #1): http://www.possoftwareguide.com/demo-pos-software-search.asp
- You'll be able to compare any of the 117 liquor store POS systems side by side. You can compare 68 key features.
- You'll be able to read POS software reviews from other liquor store owners and software users.
- You'll be able to read about common mistakes retailers make when choosing software.
- You'll learn about the exact strategy we use (as consultants) when selecting POS software for clients.
If you have any questions or need anything, drop me a message.
President and Consultant - Strategic Technologies, LLC.